- Extensive collection of fishery data from professional fishermen regarding the silverstripe blaasop and the lionfish catches.
- Investigation of population abundances and expansion rates of lionfish through underwater visual census techniques
- Mapping of significant habitats of the silverstripe blaasop and the lionfish
- Development of a WEB/GIS platform for the live monitoring of the species movements to facilitate management interventions. The platform shall be accessible to fisheries and management stakeholders through the web.
- Development of a process to precisely measure the levels of tetrodotoxin (TTX) in the tissues of the silverstripe blaasop and investigation of the parameters that affect it.
- Study of species behaviour.
- Development of effective fishing techniques for capturing the studied species, based on their behavioral characteristics.
- Test and evaluation of various methods to control the population size of the two species.
- Exploration of the potential for commercial exploitation of the invasive species
- Public awareness regarding the studied invasive species.
- Dissemination of project results to the public and stakeholders.